- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Servings 2
- Calories 546 kcal
- 6 handfuls lettuce or similar fresh green leaves
- 180g tuna in water (canned)
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cucumber sliced
- 10 slices beetroot (canned or jarred is fine)
- 2 handfuls grated cheese or use another tasty cheese - whatever you have
- ½ avocado
- ½ carrot grated or finely sliced (optional)
- 4 slices onion (raw)
- 2 handfuls walnuts crushed
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
To serve (optional)
- toasted bread with olive oil and sea salt
- Start by placing the fresh green leaves in the bottom of 2 big wide bowls.
- Divide the tuna between the 2 bowls, then add all the other ingredients (apart from the walnuts and onions) next to each other in little piles.
- Scatter the onion over the tuna and the walnuts over all the ingredients in the bowls.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Serve with the toasted bread and mayonnaise (if you like).
This recipe is only a guide, of course! Don’t have any carrots or cucumber? No worries, just throw in something else that you have got, like sundried tomatoes or a few slices of apple.
You can often vary the exact ingredients and amounts in this recipe, but always try to include some kind of cheese, avocado, beetroot and some kind of nut for maximum deliciousness!
Of course, you can use balsamic vinegar (or a different kind of vinegar or dressing) instead if you don’t have balsamic glaze.