Greek Tortilla Pinwheels
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Servings 8 pinwheels
- Calories 39 kcal
- Recipe by Scrummy Lane
to make about 8 pinwheels (just multiply the ingredients below to make as many pinwheels as you need)
- 1 tortilla or wrap (large)
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1.75 ounces feta cheese mashed to a smooth paste with the Greek yogurt
- 1 tomato chopped into small cubes (one medium tomato is about right)
- 0.2 cucumber cubed
- 5 black olives chopped
- 0.25 green bell pepper (pepper UK), (capsicum Australia), cubed
- 0.25 teaspoon oregano dried
- black pepper
Have all your prepared ingredients ready. Lay out a tortilla on a board or other clean work surface, then spread with the feta cheese and yoghurt mixture. Leave a small border clear around the edge.
Sprinkle the salad veggies evenly all over the cheese, then sprinkle over the oregano and pepper.
Roll the tortilla up as tightly as you can, then wrap in plastic wrap. Pop into the refrigerator for about half an hour to firm up a bit.
Unwrap the tortilla and chop into about 8 even rounds. To serve, lay out flat on a plate (or stand on their sides and poke through with a cocktail stick – your choice!).
- Also see ‘how to’ video below!
- You can prepare these ahead, then take them along to your party. Roll up, wrap in plastic wrap and take along to your party like this. Then slice when you get there. Just don't prepare TOO far in advance. These certainly don't keep very well until the next day.
- These are very easily adaptable according to what you've got in your fridge. Spead with cream cheese instead of the feta and yogurt mixture, if you like, then add chopped sundried tomatoes, bits of parma ham, grated cheese, fresh herbs, or whatever you like!
- To be honest, the amounts stated in the recipe above are just a rough idea. Just use a small handful of everything and that will be about right.