- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 12 -15
- Calories 127 kcal
For the fritters
- 1/2 cup quinoa (weight when uncooked), cooked and drained (see notes)
- 2/3 cup feta cheese
- a handful of grated parmesan optional
- 7 ounces frozen peas sweet petit pois are best, cooked
- 2 spring onions chopped finely (optional)
- zest of 1 lemon
- a couple of handfuls about 3 heaped tablespoons each of fresh parsley and mint
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons cornflour or rice flour, if you prefer
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup oil of your choice for frying
- Greek yoghurt & green salad optional
- Mix all the ingredients (apart from the oil) together in a big bowl. With wet hands, scoop up small handfuls of mixture and shape into 12 to 15 round and flattened fritters.
- Heat up the oil on a medium heat, then fry the fritters (in 2 batches if necessary) for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until nice and golden and crispy.
- Drain on kitchen paper, then serve while still hot and crispy, with the Greek yoghurt and green leaves if you like.
I find the easiest way to cook quinoa is to add it to a saucepan with double the volume of water (so 1 cup of water for half a cup of quinoa), bring it to the boil, then cook gently for about 8 minutes. Then turn the heat off, pop a lid on your pan and let it steam dry for a couple of minutes. Finally, fluff up with a fork - your quinoa should be ready!