The Best Greek Potatoes
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- Calories 286 kcal
- Recipe by Scrummy Lane
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and chopped into chunky wedges (I used 5 medium potatoes)
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juice of (medium to large)
- 1 tablespoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- parsley for sprinkling at the end (completely optional)
Grease a large baking dish or tray with olive oil and preheat the oven to 400F / 200C.
Pour the potato wedges into the dish/tray in an even layer.
Combine the garlic, stock, olive oil, lemon, oregano and salt and pepper. Stir well, then pour over the potatoes.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Then stir well, turning all the potatoes and spooning over the liquid. Bake again for another 45 minutes or until the potatoes are well browned.
Scatter with parsley (if using) and serve with some of the delicious juices. Don’t forget the burnt crispy bits on the bottom of the pan. Mmmm!
- These potatoes go with almost anything as a delicious side. Serve with Greek meatballs (or regular meatballs), roast meat, fish, or a vegetarian option like baked eggplant.
Here’s how easy these potatoes are to make…